Monday, January 12, 2015

Marie Callender's Just-Add-Water Corn Bread Review

Marie Callender's Corn Bread Review:
First this stuff is AMAZING! The Honey Butter Corn Bread is without a doubt the best corn bread I have ever tasted in my life and the Southwestern Cornbread was easily within the top 5! Of the four people who tried the honey butter cornbread they all agreed it was some of the best they ever tasted and one asked me for the recipe not knowing it was just-add-water. The container is perfect for a 10" Cast Iron skillet and I must add it add that extra level of taste that make anything finger lickin' good! If you have plans for chili and cornbread in the woods this is not only great tasting but does not require eggs or milk and once again the price is right at just $1.00 (found at Big Lots). Another thing that I believe is unique to this cornbread mix is that you are able to make it in the microwave if you are pressed on time for a meal.

Other Outdoor Cooking Posts: Pioneer Pumpkin Pie; Teays Valley Corn Bread; Shore Lunch Cheddar Potato Soup Vs. Bear Creek Cheddar Potato Soup; Betty Crocker Blueberry Muffins; Bear Creek- "Darn Good" Chilli; Low Country Boil; Mountain Man Stew; Bear Creek Gumbo; Idahoan Hash Browns
Outdoor Cooking Tool Posts: Improvised Container; Trangia Mess Tin; Rotating/Adjustable Pot Hanger; Stripping and Re-Seasoning Cast Iron; Baking Over A Camp Fire; Cheap Bomb Proof Bush Pot; Modified Primitive Pot Hanger; Series Introduction; Pathfinder Bottle Cook Set Review.

Marie Callender's Honey Butter Cornbread
1) Normal packaging picture of the from of the container.
2) Instructions with three ways to make the cornbread (also don't forget you can make it over a fire in a skillet or in a modified camp fire oven see how HERE)
3) I was a little surprised by the light color of the mix but as I mixed it with the water it got that golden color I was expecting.
4) The powder is easily mixed with the water using a fork as a whisk
5) Pour evenly into your cooking vessel of choice(Tip- Cast Iron coat in your oil of choice and preheat for best results).
6) Finished product is a very nice golden brown and has a full taste, once again the best corn bread I have personally ever had. 

Marie Callender's Southwestern Cornbread
1) Front of the package
2) Instructions with three ways to make the cornbread (also don't forget you can make it over a fire in a skillet or in a modified camp fire oven see how HERE)
 3) This is the color of mix I was expecting from the honey cornbread above 
 4) Once again a fork used as a whisk worked like a charm to get a smooth mix
5) Pour evenly into your cooking vessel of choice(Tip- Cast Iron coat in your oil of choice and preheat for best results).
6) I actually remembered to get a picture of this one before I cut into it and it looked amazing if I may say so myself :)
7) I paired the the southwest cornbread with Bear Creek- "Darn Good" Chilli (LINK) and it made for an excellent meal that was more than filling for 4+ people. Total cost of the meal < $4.00.

Conclusions:
Don't miss this corn bread! For $1.00 you simply can't beat this product. It tastes like homemade cornbread, requires only water and can be made in even the most remote places in the world as you merely need access to water and fire. I have been in search for the perfect camping cornbread for sometime and I think my search is finally over.

Have something outdoor/bushcraft/trapping/preparedness/hiking/camping/fishing/hunting related you want me to make a post about? Leave me a comment and I will see what I can do! As always feel free to leave your questions and comment below! Also if you enjoy the blog please vote for us on the following websites to help us reach a wider audience:

http://www.topprepperwebsites.com/vin.php?s=7ps
You are only able to vote once DAILY using this site! Currently we are just outside the top 20 on this site.
 
                        AND
http://bestprepperwebsites.com/
You are able to vote DAILY on this site!
 We are currently ranked # 2 on this site!

No comments:

Post a Comment