- Government and governmental agencies are non-existent and no help: So what does that mean? No first responders, no military, no road maintenance, hospitals, power plants, etc. So if you're not self reliant for those things you better get that way soon. So get security in-line, practice alternative medicine, and be prepared for anything. Get an alternative power supply that is not reliant on fuel such as solar, wind or hydro.
- Food production is at a local level, if you are not a farmer, hunter, trapper or have a solid knowledge of wild edibles or medicinal plants there is no time like the present to learn. If you don't have a stash of heirloom seeds you may want to stock up now.
- Have a bug-out location and several backups and be able to live out of a backpack long-term if needed while on the move.
- Outdoor cooking skills are essential, so if you haven't baked on a fire or cooked a full meal while camping you need to get out there and practice that skill now.
- Clothing choices are key! Don't buy cheap clothes, get items that will last and will be good long-term clothing and remember wool is your friend! Also never skimp on boots, if you can't walk you can't survive.
- Bartering will become an essential part of society. Get onto those Facebook trade group pages, go to swap meets and practice your bartering skills. Get your hands on some extra gear, silver, Alcohol, etc. and be prepared to trade goods or your services for things you need.
- As an add on to the previous point develop skills that are valuable now and post-collapse such as blacksmithing, hunting/fishing/trapping, sewing,cooking/food preservation, farming, fermentation/distilling, etc.
- Keep your group small and manageable and be sure you can trust everyone in the group with your life, if you cant then there is a good chance it could cost you big in the future.
Have something outdoor/bushcraft/trapping/preparedness/hiking/camping/fishing/hunting related you want me to make a post about? Leave me a comment and I will see what I can do! As always feel free to leave your questions and comment below! Also if you enjoy the blog please vote for us on the following websites to help us reach a wider audience: