- Discuss the elements of disaster preparation and response.
- Demonstrate critical thinking in awareness, preparation and application of disaster response and management on a personal, local and national level.
- Utilize critical thinking and psychomotor skills in the assessment of potential disaster and mass casualty situations.
- Analyze the implementation of evidence-based, holistic, cost effective planning for disaster and mass casualty situations.
- Analyze ethical dilemmas encountered in the specialty setting and the methods by which advanced practice nurses assist the patient, family and other health care providers with resolution.
- The Disaster Cycle and its evolution
- Personal preparedness
- Supplies and other stuff
- Shelter, Food and Water
- Preparedness on the level of institutions and governments
- Ethical considerations including Justice and the distribution of resources, Utilitarianism, and person responsibility
- Factors which limit mitigation such as personal freedom and financial considerations
- Examples and realities from disaster response such as Memorial Hospital after Hurricane Katrina and personal experiences from the faculty
- Attitude and Awareness
So if the course appeals to you, then you can find more information HERE (LINK). You can also register using that same link. So remember to audit the class it is free and to get a certificate it is $50.00.
You are only able to vote once DAILY using this site! Currently we are just outside the top 20 on this site.
You are able to vote DAILY on this site! We are currently ranked # 2 on this site!