Sunday, April 6, 2014

Fire Pad Stove Part 2

FirePad Stove Part 2:

Here is an update on my FirePad stove Project from a few weeks ago. Total burn time: 1 hour 15 minutes (would have been longer but had did not fill the container as much as previous versions). The stove heated 4' from it to 86 degrees via thermal imaging camera. The stove was successfully light with both a lighter using only 1 wick and also a ferro rod on all subsequent attempts. The stove can also be started with flint and steel; however, I did not have my bushcraft pack with me to demonstrate that method today.






 Here are a couple videos of the stove in action the top one is a simple burn (was supposed to be a demonstration showing how long the burn time will last however phone issues prevented such) and the second video is a demonstration of how easy the stove is to light with a ferro rod.

Any questions? Leave me a comment and I will gladly address them in a future post on in another comment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment